2.the process of learning to live without alcohol
3. The physical process of freeing the body of an addictive substance
4. A gathering where family and friends get a problem drinker to seek help
The correct definition of detoxification is the physical process of freeing the body of an addictive substance (option 3).
Detoxification encompasses all the physiological processes the body goes through to eliminate harmful or toxic substances, including drugs and addictive substances.
Depending on the nature of the substance, the organs involved in detoxification are the liver and the kidney. The detoxification process can be induced medically, by means of antidotes, blockers and antagonists of the toxic substance.
Detoxification can be used as a term to describe the period of time it takes for an organism to become clean.
The other options are not correct because:
1. A person who creates an atmosphere for an alcoholic to continue his behavior is an inducer of alcoholism.
2. The process of learning to live without alcohol is a step toward quitting drinking and becoming detoxified.
4. A meeting where family and friends get a problem drinker to seek help is an intervention.
it is number 3